Does My Roof Need to Be Repaired?
Commercial roof repair services are an important part of owning and managing commercial property. Most business and investment property owners know that getting the right work done at the right price is critical to maintaining profitability. Waiting too long or neglecting repairs can blow up in your face. Most of the time you’ll end up spending more for a larger repair project that could have been avoided. There are things you can do now to maintain your roof with easy repairs that will avoid an emergency or serious repairs down the road. Here, we take a look at commercial roof repair and what you need to know.
Roof repair for commercial building owners doesn’t need to be overly complicated. When you get your roof installed or buy an existing property, you should consult a professional about required maintenance. Most roofers will know what it takes to keep your roof in great shape and make it last years without serious issues.
There are signs, though, that you can look for to spot whether you need roof repair. Here are some telltale indicators:
- High energy bills – If you’re getting higher than normal energy bills it means your property is having to work harder to maintain a constant temperature. That may mean leaks or openings in your roof.
- Moisture or Mold – If you are experiencing leaks around your building or down through your ceiling, then get roof repair as soon as possible. The same goes for any mold infestation. They can potentially shut down your business.
- Sagging Roof – This goes along with the moisture issue, but if too much water is allowed to buildup in your roof, then it can cause it to sage.
- Poor Flashing – Flashing that’s not tightly fitted around your roof can lead to water leaks and other troubles.
This is by no means an exhaustive list. Flat roofs are vital to the performance of a commercial property. If you see anything out of the ordinary with your roof or your facility, then it’s worth your while to call for professional help. That goes for commercial flat roof repair or if you have a commercial building with roof deck access.
Does My Roof Need to Be Replaced?
Roof replacement is something every commercial property owner is going to have to deal with at some point. Most modern commercial roofing solutions are designed to last for decades. However, if you’ve got an older roof or incur serious damage from a storm or fire, then you’re going to need a roof replacement. The right commercial roof repair partner will be able to give you an honest assessment of your roof and tell whether replacement or repair is the best option.
Due to developments in the commercial roofing industry, some businesses are opting to replace their roofs to take advantage of some of the energy efficiency and other benefits of modern roofs. If you’re interested in what’s out there, you may be able to find something that is a great long-term investment in your property.
What Is the Best Commercial Roofing Material?
Well, this depends on how much money you want to spend, what your long-term outlook on ownership is, what climate you live in, and a host of other factors. A reputable commercial roof repair company will walk you through TPO, EPDM, PVC, and other roofing options. You’ll get to know the pros and cons of each so you can make an informed decision.
Professional Roof Repair for Commercial Building
The commercial roof repair process will vary depending on what type of roof you’re dealing with. Repairs are going to be different for a sloped roof on a multi-family apartment complex versus a flat roof on a retail outlet. Here’s a basic rundown of what to expect with any commercial roofing repair.
- The Inspection – When a roofing technician arrives at your property, they’ll inspect your roof to get an idea of what condition it’s in. You may be experiencing one problem, but other underlying conditions may simply be causing it to manifest. The tech will take a look at your commercial roof beams, your membrane, flashing, and other roofing components to find any leaks or damage.
- The Consultation – Once they have a handle on what repairs need to happen, they’ll work with you on the best timeline and budget for a solution. Most commercial roof repair services understand that different businesses have different priorities, so it’s likely they’ll be flexible and work in your parameters.
- Executing Repairs – Leaks and other problems are likely to occur in lower areas of your roof where water naturally flows. Once the problem areas are identified, you may have a blister in your roofing material. That will need to be sliced open to remove any water from inside and then resealed and nailed back in place with galvanized roofing nails. If it’s your flashing that’s causing the issue, then they’ll reseal or replace the flashing to get your roof back in great shape.
Commercial roof repair is beyond most property owners because it often takes special tools and training to get right. A good roofing service can help you with repairs that make sense for your property and your business without causing too much disruption. Dial 281-300-4363 today for quality commercial roof repair services from the experts at Andy Nichols Roofing.